“Market forces dictate that you need to evolve or die.”This item is no longer available for purchase.
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- High critical chance.
- High status chance.
- Decent fire rate.
- Has and polarity slots.
- Low Recoil, making it easy to keep aiming at weak spots.
- Quite accurate.
- Fast reload time.
- Lato Prime, compared to Lato:
- Higher base damage (37.0 vs. 30.0)
- Higher critical chance (30% vs. 10%)
- Higher critical damage multiplier (2x vs. 1.75x)
- Higher status chance (20% vs. 3%)
- Different polarities ( vs. None)
- Higher Mastery Rank required (6 vs. 0)
- Lato Prime, compared to Lato Vandal:
- Lower base damage (37.0 vs. 50.0)
- Higher critical chance (30% vs. 20%)
- Higher status chance (20% vs. 5%)
- Higher fire rate (6.67 rounds/sec vs. 5 rounds/sec)
- Less accurate (18 vs. 23)
- Different polarities ( vs. )
- Higher Mastery Rank required (6 vs. 4)
- In the Global build, the Lato Prime was only available to owners of the Grand Master Founders package, which ended in November 1st, 2013.
- In the Chinese build, anyone who purchased the 4,250 Platinum bundle during October 28th also received the Lato Prime. (See Trivia)
- See Category:Lato Prime Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Lato Prime Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The Lato Prime has a high chance of cutting corpses into pieces, similar to Slash-focused melee weapons. This makes the Lato Prime a prime candidate for a Desecrating Nekros to bring along, as the game considers the cut corpses as separate entities, essentially giving multiple corpses to desecrate from a single enemy and thus yielding more chances to create more drops.
- This weapon has its own unique audio when fired.
- As of Update 10.2, all parts of this weapon can be customized.
- At rare times, a Lato Prime with the normal Lato default colors and without gold trim could be seen as the image for the Secondary Weapons Item XP prize on the daily Login Rewards, replacing the usual image for the reward.
- The Lato Prime bears a resemblance to the real life Derringer pocket pistol.
- Against their agreement with Digital Extremes, Perfect World re-released the Lato Prime as part of a Halloween promotion for the Chinese build. Between October 28th and October 31st, 2016, anyone who purchased the 4,250 Platinum bundle also received the Lato Prime, Dullahan Mask, Lacera, Constitution, and Primed Target Cracker. The promotion was modified in the 29th to give the Reaper Prime instead.
Lato Prime Skins
- Lato, the original version.
- Lato Vandal, an exclusive Lotus upgrade version of the Lato.
- Prime, the Orokin technology used to enhance Warframes or weapons.