This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- Good rate of fire.
- Low recoil, making it easy to aim for weak spots.
- Accurate for close to medium ranged combat.
- Fast reload speed.
- Good critical chance.
- Low chance to proc a status effect.
- Lower Impact and Puncture damages, less effective against shields and armor.
- Lato, compared to the Lato Prime:
- Lato, compared to the Lato Vandal:
- Lower base damage (30.0 vs. 50.0).
- Faster fire rate (6.67 vs. 5.0).
- Lower status chance (3.0% vs. 5.0%).
- Lower critical chance (10.0% vs. 20.0%).
- Lower critical multiplier (1.75x vs. 2.0x).
- Lower accuracy (18.2 vs. 23.0).
- No polarities.
- See Category:Lato Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Lato Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The Lato has a high chance of cutting corpses into pieces, similar to Slash-focused melee weapons. This makes the Lato a prime candidate for a Desecrating Nekros to bring along, as the game considers the cut corpses as separate entities, essentially giving multiple corpses to desecrate from a single enemy and thus yielding more chances to create more drops.
- Once the weapon ranks up to 30, consider using it to build the Bolto which is significantly better, at least in terms of combating the heavily armored Grineer enemies.
- This weapon is used by the Grineer Lancers in Vor's Prize as a low damage alternative to the Grakatas they normally wield. It is also used by them in Mastery Rank Promotion Tests.
- The Lato received a buff to its damage and critical stats in Update 14.0 to bring it in line with the new MK1 weapons. The Aklato however did not receive this buff until Update 15.16.
- Despite the Lato stating that it has 1.8x critical multiplier, it actually has a 1.75x critical multiplier.
- The Lato is the only weapon with a critical multiplier of 1.75x.
- It was seen in the Dark Sector original concept video.
- Though the word Lato has a variety of meanings in different languages, the usage here may be in Italian where it means "side", a nod to the weapon itself being a sidearm.
- Aklato, the akimbo counterpart of the Lato.
- Lato Prime, the Prime counterpart of the Lato.
- Lato Vandal, an exclusive Lotus upgrade to the Lato.
- Bolto, a bolt-firing pistol that uses the Lato in crafting.
|Weapons • Damage • Compare All • Cosmetics|