The Cronus is one of the first weapons players can craft (along with the Heat Sword), and is wielded by Captain Vor. Compared to the Skana players can start with, the Cronus has a faster attack speed and greater damage, making it a reasonable upgrade for Sword wielders early in the game.
|Time: 12 hrs|
|Market Price: N/A||Blueprints Price:N/A|
The blueprint for the Cronus is a potential drop from Captain Vor, after defeating him on Tolstoj, Mercury. When dropped, it appears as a drop on the ground similar to Oberon blueprints. Neither his encounter on Ceres nor his Corrupted counterpart will drop this blueprint.
This weapon deals primarily Slash damage.
- High Slash damage – effective against health.
- Stance slot has polarity, matches Crimson Dervish, Swooping Falcon and Vengeful Revenant stances.
- Has a polarity.
- Relatively low Puncture damage and low Impact damage – less effective against armor and shields.
- Low critical and status chance.
- Below average critical damage.
- See Category:Cronus Build to see how players mod this weapon.
- See Category:Cronus Guides for guides on how to use this weapon effectively.
- For more general help with weapons, you may wish to browse Category:Weapon Guides.
- The listed attack speed is a speed multiplier for longswords. The real attack rate of the Cronus is 2.2 hits per second (0.45 seconds to hit once). This is because the swing rate of melee weapons often gets skewed due to attack animations.
- As with most weapon components and blueprints dropped by certain enemies, the Cronus's blueprint drops as a pink orb when Vor is defeated.
- The high slash damage is effective against Infested.
- Cronus (alternatively Cronos or Kronos) is the youngest of the twelve titans in Greek mythology, father of Zeus, Hades, and Poseidon.
- On Update 7.8, the Cronus Blueprint was only a guaranteed reward the first time Tolstoj was completed and its drop chance would exponentially decrease with each assassination. This was put in place to prevent credit farming.
- The Cronus was the original melee weapon of the Stalker before update Update 7.11.
- Dakra Prime, the possible Prime variant of this weapon
- Ceramic Dagger, the dagger variant.
- Captain Vor, the boss who uses the Cronus.
- Seer, another weapon wielded (and dropped) by Vor.